Tuesday, September 22, 2009

PR in a Virtual World

When I started M. NICHOLS out of a spare bedroom nearly seven years ago, it was with the vague idea that some day I would move to a “real” office, with a sign over the door, a bustling staff and a full-time receptionist answering the phones. Even though where my partners and I physically sit seems to have mattered not to the many and varied clients that we have taken on in the intervening years, in my head I was always fighting the idea that legitimacy could only be achieved by setting up shop in owned or leased commercial space. Does anybody else out there struggle with this variation on the imposter syndrome? I guess the question is:  Is real, sustained business growth possible in a virtual-only environment, or is there a tipping point where in order to take the next leap we’ve got to move to terra firma?

No comments:

Post a Comment